This conversion is one of the best option if you want to ‘RUN AWAY”from Glow Fuel.
By adding the CH CDI & CH hardware you will have a close to perfect solution, less
expensive since you on ready have the engine instead of buying a new one.
The CDI provides a better starting, better Idle and one of the best features is the
Running on GASOLINE I seen 2.5 to 3 minutes on 1 Oz fuel mix 20:1 Synthetic OIL
Fuel will not be gashing out like on GLOW Plug, your airplane will be cleaner and
close to NO wiping after a fun day at the field.
Engine will run hotter, ensure proper air flow for cooling .
Use 20:1 Fuel Mix (50 ml oil to 1 L gasoline ),
I use Morgan OIL CP14 , also Evolution Oil, Royal Purple 2 ST.
Power loss is 10% but still enough power . If you are border line on power then consider the other conversion…GLOW CH CDI Conversion
A timing kit is also available, check in related products or under Timing Kit
Check the Install Manual on the “Manual” Tab
- 1 x CH CDI Made in the USA
- 1 x Magnet adjustable ring
- 1 x Sensor holder with sensor
- 1 x 1/4-32 Spark Plug ( same thread as your glow plug)
- 2 x M3 x 12 mm cap screws
- 2 x M3 x 14 mm cap screw
- 1 x Intake tube Adapter that will replace original ( see instructions on” Manual “Tab)
- 1 x Carburetor Support
- 1 x Intake Carburetor Adapter
- 1 x Gasoline Home& Garden Style Carburetor ( Walboro/Zama/HLIC (whatever works and available)
Devin Grider –
I have done this many times. Kits are perfect. Saves money on expensive glow fuel and there is no more oily mess. I think I have done 6 total and they have been the greatest investment.