This conversion is one of the best option if you want to ‘RUN AWAY”from Glow Fuel.
By adding the CH CDI & CH hardware you will have a close to perfect solution, less
expensive since you on ready have the engine instead of buying a new one.
The CDI provides a better starting, better Idle and one of the best features is the
Saving on fuel.
Fuel will not be gashing out like on GLOW Plug, your airplane will be cleaner and
close to NO wiping after a fun day at the field.
Engine will run hotter, ensure proper air flow for cooling .
Use 20:1 Fuel Mix (50 ml oil to 1 L gasoline ),
I use Morgan OIL CP14 , also Evolution Oil, Royal Purple 2 ST.
Power loss is 10% but still enough power . If you are border line on power then consider the other conversion…GLOW CH CDI Conversion
A timing kit is also available, check in related products or under Timing Kit
Check the Install Manual on the “Manual” Tab
- 1 x 3 CYL CDI
- 1 x Magnet adjustable ring
- 1 x Sensor holder with sensor
- 3 x 1/4-32 Spark Plug ( same thread as your glow plug)
- 2 x M3 x 14 mm cap screw
- 3 x BLANK plugs (to replace the second set of glow plugs)
- 1 x Intake Carburetor Adapter
- 1 x Gasoline Home& Garden Style Carburetor Assembly ( Walboro/Zama/HLIC (whatever works and available)
- 1 x Throttle linkage with 2 options to mount.
- 1 Primer Bulb. (may be or not available for some carburetors that do not have the port for it)
Mike Thomas –
I think I am going to have my FA-450R3 converted after watching this !